Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday - Why Winter Sucks

Winter.

It's cold.  It's wet.  It's a terrible inconvenience, and there are some things that it's just pointless to try to do during the winter time.  For example:

1. Shaving your legs. 

It's freezing cold outside.  So you can shave in the morning, but as soon as you step outside, you have the female equivalent of a man's 5 o'clock shadow on your legs.  Sometimes I shave, get chills while still in the shower, and then I have to shave again!  Sadly, we can't just not shave.  
Especially when you share a bed with someone.  

2. Washing your car.

Today is a gorgeous day.  The sun is shining, it's not really windy, and it's not 40 degrees outside.  Today is the perfect day to wash your car, inside and out.  Detail it.  Clean out your change cup, wipe down your dash, and clean out your trunk.  But tomorrow, there will likely be a huge storm and all your hard work you did on the exterior of your car will be washed away.  Why bother washing your car when it's going to rain?  Mother Nature is literally going to piss on you and your efforts.

3.  Mowing the lawn.

The grass doesn't even grow in the winter, so why do I see our neighbors mowing their grass every other weekend?

4. Getting a pedicure.

You're likely wearing long man-socks and boots all winter, so what's the point in painting your toenails?  Who is going to see that?  I get it, treat yourself once in a while.  But in the winter?  Really?

5. Buying a swim suit.

This is the time when I want to see coats on the racks.  Not swim suits.  But oddly enough, there are swim suits out in the winter, and coats out in the summer.  This is ridiculously backwards. 

6. Eating ice cream.

Just kidding. There's no wrong time to eat ice cream.  Sure, it's cold.  But you deal with it because it's delicious.

In all seriousness, we're only days away from 2013.  In my lifetime, I've survived Y2K, and TWO days that were supposedly the end of the world.  2012 has been, by far, the greatest year of my life.  I'm not ready for it to be over, but 2013 looks more and more promising.  There are so many amazing things planned already. I haven't made a New Year's Resolution in many, many years, but I'm going to try it this year.  Here are a couple of my resolutions:

1. Slowly obtain a more colorful wardrobe, and try not to wear black to work all the time.
2. Make a bigger effort to have a better relationship with my dad.
3. Focus on the POSITIVE aspects of my job, instead of only the negative.
4. Don't get pregnant.

I'm pretty confident I can achieve all of these things, but we'll see how it goes! =)  

HAPPY  NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! You are SPOT ON with every detail! i feel like i have been reading and writing with you for a couple years now. i think we should meet up in person and talk clothes, girl stuff and eat ice cream! the best thing about eating ice cream in winter: it doesnt melt so fast!

    ReplyDelete