Monday, December 31, 2012

...Auld Lang Syne...

Let's get serious for a minute as we say goodbye to 2012.  Take a moment to reflect on all the positive and negative events of the year.  Have those moments made you a better person?  Do you feel like you accomplished anything this year?  If the answer to those questions is "no," perhaps it's time for you to set a couple New Year's Resolutions for 2013.

What does Auld Lang Syne mean?  Simply put, it means "times gone by."  So as 2012 draws to a close, I want to stop and remember some of the good and bad times I've had in 2012 that have influenced my life, in no particular order:

1. I visited my "sister" Donna in Alaska, as a surprise for her 26th birthday.
2. Brandon and I officially became a couple on July 11, 2012.  Free Slurpee Day!
3. I moved back to my parents house to save money to buy a house. 
But when that didn't work out...
4. I moved into Brandon's house with his family, to continue saving money to buy a house.
5. I purchased study materials for my Series 6 and 63 Securities Licenses.
6. Brandon and I went to San Francisco for our first weekend away together in March.
7. I had 30+ cake orders between January and September when I moved.
8. I was voted #2 on the KCRA 3 A-List as the Best Wedding Cake in Sacramento.
9. I reconnected with so many friends that I haven't seen in years.
10.  Friends turned to me for help with their troubled marriages.
11.  I lost a friend, Mackenzie Bleth, in a helicopter crash.
12. I took my brother out for his 21st birthday and his first legal drink.
13. I got to see my cousin Tim marry his best friend, Kate, after being together for 10 years.
14. I missed RJ and Angel's wedding =(
15. I spent a weekend at Universal Studios with Brandon and some family/friends.
16. I celebrated my 1st anniversary of my 25th birthday.
17. I celebrated 3 years at a job I strongly dislike.
18. I welcomed my newest nephew, Anderson, into the world.

And I think it's safe to say...I grew a lot in 2012.  I learned a lot about patience, envy, family, and love.  Not every part of 2012 has been pleasant, but I can go into 2013 knowing I had a great year overall, and I'm READY for whatever is waiting for me/us.  Brandon and I have so many goals we want to reach in the next year, and I can't wait to share all those things with you as they happen.  

I wish you all a very safe and happy new year.  Have a DD tonight.  Don't risk it.  I love you all, and I'll see you next year! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment