Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Live Long, Laugh Often, Love Much.


If we discovered we had 5 minutes to live before the world ended, phone booths everywhere would be full of people trying to call their families to say, "I love you."  Cell phone towers would be busier than ever, all because everyone would be trying to contact the people closest to them to say, "I love you."  

Why is it that a major crisis or natural disaster has more of an affect on people than everyday life?  Why wait for something terrible to happen to make you realize who's important to you?  Life is short, love is strong.  Love should be given every day.  To friends, to family, to spouses and children.  If you like someone, tell them.  If you love someone, tell them, and tell them often.  

Love can also be scary.  But personally, I'm more afraid of someone not knowing I love them than I am of them not loving me back.  Me saying, "I love you," has nothing to do with me.  It has everything to do with the person I'm saying it to.  I love who/what they are.  Love doesn't have to be mutual to be real.  And if someone tells you they love you, don't be afraid of it.  Maybe you're not ready to say it back, now or ever.  That's ok.  But you ought to feel good knowing that someone feels such a strong emotion for you.  

And if it IS mutual, say it back with confidence.  Own your feelings.  Living and existing are completely different things.  To live is the greatest thing of all.  To live is to show emotion and share adventure, goals, hopes, dreams, sadness, pain, joy and love.  To exist is to walk around with no ambition or feeling whatsoever.  

So LIVE your life.  Don't just exist in this world.  LAUGH as often as possible with people who are important to you.  And LOVE as much as your heart will allow, and then some.  It'll be worth it, even if someone breaks your heart.  Crying is not a sign of weakness.  Since birth, it's been a universal sign that you're alive...


No comments:

Post a Comment