Thursday, September 8, 2011

RAWWWRRR!!

Ok ladies, listen up. This is important.  There are a handful of things you should be able to do by the time you move out on your own.  Most of my female friends are married and have babies already, so I'm hopeful that you already know these things.  But here's the rundown:

1. Know how to change a tire. (I don't even know how to do this. I know the concept, but I've never done it.)
2. Know how to use a power drill.
3. Know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. (cough, cough - roomie)
4. Know how to get a job.
5. Know when to call a man for the rest of the shit you can't do.

Ok now let's break it down:

1. Changing a tire.
     I admit, I've never changed a tire.  But everyone should know how.  The concept is simple: remove one tire, replace it with the spare.  Well here's a thought...practice it a couple times just so you know how to do it.  That way I don't have to sit on the shoulder of Westbound 80 for an hour waiting for another Triple A guy to come do it for me.  That was embarrassing.  Someone please show me how to do this...

2. Power drills.
     Power tools are amazing.  And men are usually terrified when you know how to use them.  Know how to change out the drill bits, and know where the button for forward and reverse is.

3. Grilled cheese.
     Grilled cheese is delicious, and a crowd pleaser.  So if you have a new boyfriend over and you're too lazy to go anywhere for dinner, make him a grilled cheese.  It's easy, and he's more likely to return when you feed him.  So know how to make one...without burning it.

4. Getting a job.
     I'm talking to my younger friends with this one.  You can't walk into a business and ask for an application in a t-shirt and jeans.You should be professionally dressed and well-groomed, with a complete resume in-hand.  I'm so tired of seeing you young girls in restaurants and other places in mini-skirts and tank tops asking for job applications.  Who would you hire?  The teeny-bopper in the plaid or the well-dressed young professional with a resume?  It's not rocket science, but as I've been told, "common sense isn't common anymore."

5. Calling a man for help.
     Lesbi-honest. Sometimes we just can't do it.  Be an adult and admit when you need a man to help. Even if it's your dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment