Friday, December 16, 2011

'Tis the Season to be...

Grateful.


I'm so tired of walking around during the holidays and hearing people whining about stupid things.  This is supposed to be the happiest time of the year.  You're all supposed to be jolly!!!!  And instead, all I hear are complaints about long lines, traffic, being broke, etc.  Do yourself a favor and try being thankful that you have what you DO have.  Be grateful for the people in your life.

Here's what I'm grateful for this holiday season...

1. My job.
2. My family, immediate and extended.
3. My friends, near and far.
4. My apartment.
5. My roommate.
6. My health.
7. All 5 senses.
8. My goddaughter.
9. Food in my belly.
10. Clothes on my back.
11. My car.
12. The ability to buy gifts for the people I love.
13. My musical abilities
14. My loyal cake clients.
15. The Capitol Christmas tree.
16. My bed.
17. Hulu.
18. Social Networking.
19. My divorce.
20. Dance.
21. Pianos.
22. My sewing machine.
23. Rain.
24. String cheese.
25. Instant messaging.
26. iPhones.
27. Crying when I need to.
28. My ability to think logically.
29. Pregnant friends.
30. NOT BEING PREGNANT, MYSELF.



Those are just 30 things off the top of my head that I'm grateful for.  Make a list...what are you grateful for?  There are so many people this holiday season who don't have what you have.  You're alive.  You're breathing.  You have people in your life who care about you.  You obviously have internet access, or you wouldn't be reading this.  Think about all the families going to shelters to get their Christmas meal this year.  Think about all the kids who aren't going to be visited by Santa Claus.

You're a lot better off than you might feel today.  Try not to be so negative.  Nothing good comes from a negative attitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment