Monday, November 5, 2012

Manic Monday

I don't know how I've gotten so lucky to have such a great life.  I had another fantastic weekend, with amazing people.  I took Friday off to deliver my very last wedding cake for 'miss alicakes.'  

It was bittersweet, but I feel like I went out with a Bang.  This was one of my favorite cakes, and definitely the most difficult design I've ever attempted.  Congratulations to Amy and Andrew on their new married life together :)

After the cake delivery, Brandon, our family/friends and myself all headed for Los Angeles for a weekend at Universal Studios!  We made it to LA by about 8:30 and ventured to City Walk for dinner and drinks.  Saturday we spent the whole day at Universal Studios, and had a nice dinner at BJ's.  Very chill, so much fun.  Sunday morning we decided to get up early (because we had to in order to check out on time) and hike up to the Hollywood sign!  We made it in about an hour, and then another 40 minutes or so on the way down.  I was the slowest, but at least I can say I did it :)  Brandon offered to carry me down the rest of the way because my feet hurt so bad by the end, but I couldn't let him do that...

Overall, we all had a fantastic time, and we even ran into some contestants from The Voice!  Here is our mini-vacay photo recap.  Enjoy!
LA Bound!

King Kong

Brandon's AMF

I felt like such a tourist

After the Mummy ride lol



The WB Water Tower

From the top of the Hollywood sign

We made it!

Waiting for the Waterworld Show to start

We found Diego Val and Nicholas David working out in our hotel, so we interrupted them for a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment