Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First post of 2013!!  
First, let's do a quick NYE recap:

Of the four people in my house, three of them had Monday off.  I was not one of those people.  I went into work with the impression that we would be closing the office at 2:00 pm, per the exact words of my boss last Friday.  Instead, AT 2:00 pm on Monday, Boss came to my desk and said, "You can leave at 4:00 pm if you want.  Just take off a little early."  

Gee, thanks guy.  I didn't bring a lunch today, nor did I TAKE a lunch today, because I thought we were closing at 2:00.  So actually, I worked my full 8 hours.  You're welcome.  

Monday night I stopped to buy a bouquet of flowers to celebrate Brandon's grandfather's birthday.  He passed away several years ago, but the family still celebrates with a dinner every year.  We ate, I napped, and we headed out to Thunder Valley.  

It was PACKED.  People were dressed up, dressed down, and some barely dressed at all.  I felt like a nun in comparison in my tight red sweater dress and caramel boots.  I guess I just still believe in a LITTLE bit of modesty.  Especially when I'm with my boyfriend's parents, and in public.  We drank, we found a seat on the couch at Falls Bar, and we danced in our seats (so as not to lose them) until the countdown.

3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

We kissed, and we danced some more.  Until we realized we were all hungry.  Where else do you go at 1:00 am on New Years for food?  Mel's, of course.  A quick bite, then home and straight to bed to sleep off the moderate amount of alcohol we had consumed.  As we get older, we're finding that we just can't drink the way we used to.  It was NYE and between Brandon and I, we only had 3 drinks.  They were AMF's, mind you.  But still, only 1 1/2 each.  It was enough to get us loose and happy, but not enough to make us feel like crap the next day.  

Overall, a semi-calm, drama-free night.  Now moving right along in 2013, I hope you all reach your goals, fulfill your New Years Resolutions, and find something positive in each and every day.  If you don't, that's your own fault.  Happy New Year, my loves!! <3








No comments:

Post a Comment