Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ali, what have you learned so far?

Learning a whole new job after being at the same place for almost 4 years is hard!  But, I feel important here.  I'm doing work that feels more important than making file folder labels and designing event invitations.  Sure, I was good at those things, but it was so boring I could have stabbed myself in the leg just for something to do.  I need more.

So, here's what I've learned so far, after only 4 days at VSP:

1. Whoever sat at my desk before me likely NEVER wiped down the desktop.  It was covered with dust, and I spent 20 minutes scrubbing it all off.
2. I've peed in all 4 bathroom stalls on my floor, and I've picked a designated stall for all my future potty needs.
3. The coffee provided isn't really coffee at all.  It more closely resembles muddy water.
4. Everything you say and do is potentially being monitored.
5. My supervisor is amazing.
6. I have to scan my security badge before I try to go through the turning doors of all the buildings.
7. The supply room supervisor's last name is Ali.  We're obviously best friends already.
8. It only takes 20 minutes to get to Rancho from our house in the morning if we do 70 mph down Fair Oaks Blvd...30 minutes if we do the speed limit and hit the red lights.
9. My phone battery doesn't die that quickly when I use Pandora all day.  I can actually listen to it for 8 full hours and only use about 12% of the battery life.  Score.
10. Just because we pass the gym on the way home from work, doesn't mean we'll go.

I like to learn something new every day, and I'm on a roll so far.  Despite my list, I really have learned a lot about the actual job duties as well.  My official training starts July 8th, so I'll be better prepared after that.

IN OTHER NEWS...

We are finally FINISHED with all the major changes for the summer.  We're done moving, my parents are done moving, Megan's wedding is finished (and was GORGEOUS, pics below), and the new job is under weigh.  We can finally, finally relax and enjoy this house and each other.  Our anniversary is in 2 weeks!  And to celebrate, we're going on a weekend camping trip with some of our greatest friends and family, KID FREE.  I don't have kids, of course, but I'm excited for all of our friends to come and have a great weekend without their kids around.  Let loose, man!  

Very quick recap of the wedding...Megan & Drake had an amazing ceremony and reception at La Rivage in Sacramento, right on the river.  The whole day was just beautiful.  Megan was a stunning bride, and Drake was a dapper groom.  I was so privileged to be a part of their special day.  I love them, and I know they're going to have a lifetime of love together.

Cheers to you and your friends/family!!  
XOXO

My bridesmaid gift.  A mimosa coozy with an ice pack in the middle! It can also hold 6 beers.

"Cousins, Cousins, There were never such devoted Cousins"

7 of 9 bridesmaids aka sexyBitches

The De Tomasi wedding cake.  No, I did not make it.

Watching the bride and groom walk back up the isle.  I have no idea what I'm doing with my boob.

My studly date.

Team Ginger, walking down the isle.

At the rehearsal dinner.  He is just so damn cute!

Oh yeah, we get down!!


No comments:

Post a Comment