Friday, June 14, 2013

Success is...

What is SUCCESS?

Success isn't measured by how much money you make, your job title, if you're married or divorced, or what kind of car you drive.  Success is measured by hundreds of different factors.  As I sit here at my desk for my last Friday afternoon in this building, I find myself thinking about all the changes coming my way in 10 days.

I'm taking a huge pay cut for this position.  That doesn't mean that this new job will not be successful for me. It has unlimited growth potential, advancement and relocation possibilities, and an amazing corporate structure.  Sure, I'll be making way less money for a little while, but that doesn't mean this won't be a successful change.

This is how I measure success, in all areas of life:

1. Making one Swapportunity (Google it) per day.
2. Getting an up-front parking space at Target.
 3. Finishing my laundry the day I start it.
4. Finally beating level 29 of Candy Crush.
5. Being able to buy the fancy fountain pens at work with your name on them.
6. Having a business card.
7. Owning a home.
8. Being in love.
9. Making it through an entire string cheese without just biting into it.
10. Making it to the gym at least 3 days that week. This includes making it to the parking lot and calling it a day.
11. Fitting into your bridesmaid dress without having to starve yourself for a week. (YES!)
12. Finding free wi-fi.
13. Finding cash when you're doing someone else's laundry. Finders keepers. 
14. Finding that missing earring I've been searching for over the last 6 months.
15. Finding a job with better opportunities for my future.
16. Leaving work early on a Friday.

Any or all of these factors can contribute to your personal success.  It really just depends on how you look at life.  Are you a glass-half-full kind of person?  Or are you a pour-another-shot-in-my-empty-glass kind of person?  Whatever you decide your success is, be grateful.  

Damn, that only killed about 20 minutes of my afternoon. 

Until next time, have a save weekend and love they neighbor...just not thy married neighbor, or thy underage neighbor...

No comments:

Post a Comment