Monday, May 23, 2011

If you're gonna cook naked, wear an apron...

This sounds like common sense, right?! As my Brown Suga' and I say,
"You would think!!!!"

Common sense is dead these days. Each and every day, I see or hear someone do or say the DUMBEST things ever. And each new day tops the previous. Common courtesy? Also dead. Sad, but true.

So, I've taken the liberty of writing down a few simple guidelines to help you be a little bit more useful to society. Please keep in mind that I say these things, not to be a raging b!+ch, but to give you the opportunity to better our community. Please note the following common sense and common courtesy real life examples that I have recently encountered:


1. When entering or exiting a room with a door, always look behind you to see if you can hold the door for someone else. It will take 5 seconds, and I'm sure you can spare it.

2. If you see an elderly person struggling with a bag of groceries, their keys, whatever it is, stop and offer to help them.

3. Don't blast your music out of your car through a residential area past 10 pm. Even on the weekends.

4. If your pants don't fit, wear a belt. And if you're wearing a belt, please keep in mind it should be tightened around your waist, not your knees. I don't want to see your banana hammock.

5. Fire is hot. Don't touch it.

6. Slurpees are FROZEN. Don't chug them.

7. No one goes to the movies to hear your personal conversations so when the lights go down, zip your lip.

8. If all the toilet paper doesn't go down with the first flush...FLUSH AGAIN.

9. There's a reason we have red, yellow and green stoplights. If it's red, it doesn't matter if you're making a U-turn, you still can't go.

10. If you have "Facebook depression," Stop Using Facebook!!


I'd love to hear your examples. Please show my blog some love and share your common sense/common courtesy examples that you wish people would follow!!!

1 comment: