Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slow & Steady

Now, if you know me AT ALL, you know that I have never been the most patient person.  I am an instant-results kind of girl.  On the flip side, I have waited for things, and they've been worth it in some situations.

Some things I've waited for that have been completely worth it have been:

1. Waiting for enough time to pass to enjoy my job.
2. Waiting to grow up and have a better relationship with my Dad.
3. Waiting to save enough money to purchase my first house ON MY OWN.
4. Waiting to officially be with Brandon.

AND NOW



WAITING TO MOVE INTO MY HOUSE.

The hardest thing I've ever had to do is wait for this short sale.  And as far as short sales go, this has been the fastest, smoothest transaction I've ever heard of.  I first looked at the house on March 17th. Today, April 23rd, only one month and 6 days later, my wire transfer is complete and I will have my keys by Friday.  6 weeks from start to finish on a short sale is completely unheard of.  I got extremely lucky.  

Is the house move-in ready? No.  I'll have to wait even more after I get the keys, so that we can install a new toilet, kitchen appliances, get the whole house cleaned, painted, and THEN we can move in.  But it will be worth it.  To have a house that is all mine/ours, that we can share together, and do whatever we want with it.  It's a scary thought, but I/we are so ready for this.  

Waiting has never been my strong suit, but I waited for Brandon, I waited for my house, and now there's nothing left to wait for.  Life is knocking, and I'm answering.

Wow, that was cheesy.  Sorry.

I'll have more pictures to post as we progress.  I can't wait to get those keys in my hand!!!  And then immediately change the locks...

No comments:

Post a Comment