Tuesday, April 23, 2013

tC vs. Sorrento


On the left: Betty
2008 Scion tC

On the right: Name TBD
2006 Kia Sorrento


Betty was going to need her windows tinted before summer, had no roof rack or place to put our bikes, had no trailer hitch, and was only a 2 door with minimal backseat space for additional passengers.  Betty was also a 5-speed manual transmission, which was fun to drive, but a pain in the wrist to drive. Literally. My arthritis was not havin' the stick shift anymore.

My Sorrento already has a tow hitch, tinted windows, AND the roof rack.  Plus, it's an automatic, V6, seats 5, can fit a car seat if I ever needed it to, and the back seats fold down flat for any future cake deliveries I may need to do.  I also don't give a f*** when someone is following too closely behind me.  I hated that with the tC, because the lights were blinding!  Now, it doesn't phase me, and it's awesome.  

Not only that, but between my car note and insurance, I lowered my payment $80 per month!!!

Now the cons:  The Sorrento is huge, so I can't be Nascar-ing around town as I normally would.
It also takes a lot more money to fill the gas tank.  I put $20 in last night, and another $50 in today to fill it up. Ouch.

Other than that, I haven't seen many negatives yet.  I've had it for less than a week, but I'm really pleased with it.  It's comfortable, functional, sporty, and will really come in handy next weekend when we start moving (hopefully).  

EEK!  Squeals of joy...

No comments:

Post a Comment