Monday, May 13, 2013

Manic Monday: Then & Now

It's Monday, once again, and I'm so done being tired all the time. No matter how early I go to bed, or how many naps I take during the day, I can never seem to get enough sleep to feel fully rested.  I'm exhausted ALL the time.  

Today, in my state of exhaustion, I find myself thinking about how much things have changed/not changed in the last 2 years.  Some things about me have changed for the best, and other things that were already awesome about me have stayed the same...like how incredibly humble I am.  Or things like:

Then: I loved teal accent walls.
Now: I still love teal accent walls.


Then: I didn't own a bicycle.
Now: I have ridden from downtown Sacramento to Davis and back in one afternoon.

Then: I was single and living with my Aunt.
Now: I live with my amazing boyfriend and own my own home.

Then: I had one real friend.
Now: I have more friends than I've ever had in my life. I actually have a life now.

Then: I had never held or shot a gun.
Now: I have held and shot a .45 mm, a .9 mm, a semi-automatic shotgun, and an AR-15.

Then: I had never been to a real bar or club.
Now: I've done my time with the Sacramento night scene...

Then: My relationship with my parents was mediocre at best.
Now: I talk to them almost every day, and see them both at least twice a week.

Then: I drove a 2011 Honda Civic Coupe, and then a 2008 Scion tC.
Now: I drive a 2006 Kia Sorrento SUV.

Then: I had shorter, brown hair.
Now: I have long, dark auburn hair.


Then: I cared way too much about what other people thought.
Now: IDGAF.

It's just amazing how much can change in such a short period of time. Even from just one year ago, things have changed so drastically, and for the best.  I couldn't imagine being happier than I am right now.  I have amazing things coming up the rest of this year:

1. Yelena's graduation, May 25th. 
2. Megan's wedding, June 22nd.
3. Our first official anniversary, July 11th.
4. A big camping trip, July 12-14th.
5. Great America, July 28th.
6. Donna & Katie coming to visit, October 11-20th.
7. My 4-year anniversary at work, October 12th.
8. Holidays in my new house.

With all this to look forward to, how could I possibly complain?  Sure, around that time of the month, I find plenty to complain about.  But as soon as my better half reminds me to be logical, I can come to terms with myself and realize how amazingly happy I am and how good life is.  

"If you have zero debt and $10 in your pocket, you're richer than 95% of Americans."

I guess I've been pretty lucky. =)

4 comments:

  1. Proud of you and all that you have become and I am glad I can call you my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete