Monday, October 8, 2012

Manic Monday

This weekend was one like any other: full of non-stop activity and family.  We shopped, we slept, we ate, and we celebrated.  

Sunday we decided to take a ride to downtown Sacramento and enjoy a sandwich at The Sandwich Spot on the corner of 18th and Q.  It was my first time there, and it was pretty delicious, but a little pricey.  


Naturally, Brandon was sneaky and snapped a picture or two while I was eating.  Lucky for me, he didn't catch me with my mouth wide open. 


The weather this weekend was cool and breezy, so we decided to eat on the porch of the restaurant.  I was nice enough to warn B that I wanted a picture of him, so he got to pose.  Isn't he cute?

After lunch we decided to take a walk around Old Sacramento, where there was a small music festival happening.  We stopped for a few minutes to watch a drumline, which we assumed was from Grant High School based on their t-shirts.  They had amazing rhythms and cadences, and even a young female rapper who was pretty impressive.


One of the many things I love about my boyfriend is that he isn't afraid to be silly.  So I got him to take a picture with his face in a wood cutout of a female school teacher.  He's always making me laugh :)


After Old Sacramento, we went into Natomas where I found an amazing pair of peep-toe pumps on clearance for only $20!!  Watch tomorrow for Tuesday Shoesday so you can see pictures :)  

After our shopping adventures we went to my folks' house for dinner and cake to celebrate my brother's 21st birthday.  (God, I'm old.)  He won't be officially 21 until Thursday, but in the interest of celebrating with the whole family, it was easiest to do it on a weekend.  Happy Early Birthday, Brother!

AND NOW MONDAY!!

Today will be calm, if all goes according to plan.  An easy day at work, followed by a couple of houses to look at, finishing laundry, and the gym.  So although I call this post "Manic Monday," I think it will be completely the opposite.  Fingers crossed...

Happy Monday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment