Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Change Gon' Come

"A change is gonna come."

Not only is that an amazing Sam Cooke song, but it's my new motto for 2013.  I hate how cliche I am these days with my NYR's and mottos for life, but it's fitting, so I'm gonna roll with it.

If you've been following my FB and blog, you know that I have a great job.  It pays well, it's very flexible, but that I do a lot of "bitch work."  Normally, I don't mind this.  But lately, I've noticed more and more that there's really no room for growth or opportunity here.  I'm only 26, I'm not ready to just be stuck in a job that I'm not completely happy in.  I need something more fulfilling than this.

Some of you may have also picked up on the fact that I just had my second interview for a position at VSP.  I'm being considered for two positions, and I have a third interview for one of them this Thursday.  My second interview yesterday was amazing.  I don't think I've ever had a better interview than that.  Ever. I went in being considered for one position, and came out being considered for two.  Who does that?  

Providing the third interview on Thursday goes well, and I can pass a drug test/background investigation (if you know me at all, you know how funny this is), I can finally give my notice and leave this job behind, moving on to bigger and better things.

Onward and upward, always.

I keep thinking of the scene in the first Sex and the City movie when Charlotte says, "Nobody gets everything they want. ... Of course something bad is gonna happen to me."

Things are just working out too perfectly right now, personally AND professionally.  I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, but trying to stay optimistic at the same time.  Not getting my hopes up has been my biggest challenge.

All I can do now is wait, and plan my outfit.  What am I going to wear?!  
Vanessa, I'm going to be messaging you for approval of my outfit.

Stay tuned for updates.  Thanks for all your love and support <3

No comments:

Post a Comment