Monday, January 21, 2013

Santa Cruz, San Francisco & Sausalito!

Happy Monday!  Not really.  It's a holiday, and I'm at work while the rest of my family is still at home in bed.  But that's ok.  It's a slow day, which gives me time to brag about my weekend via blogspot.

Friday afternoon, Brandon and I decided to be spontaneous and get away for the weekend.  We haven't had much opportunity to be toooo spontaneous or crazy lately, just because we're trying to save money to buy two houses.  Weekends away together take advance-planning and a couple paychecks of saving extra funds.  But with the overly stressful week we both had, it was time to get away.

Saturday morning we drove down to Santa Cruz and checked out The Mystery Spot.  It was both of our first times there, and it was really interesting.  It wasn't really a mystery, just simple physics, but it was cool to experience the different angles you had to stand at to stay upright.  






After that, we headed to the SC Beach Boardwalk to walk up the pier, shop around, and enjoy the completely amazing 72-degree weather.  It was sunny, it was warm, and I could have stayed there all day.  Who doesn't love the beach?!




We ended the evening by heading up to San Francisco and taking a nice walk downtown.  We tried to see the dueling piano show at Foley's Irish Pub, but we were a little too late and they were already at capacity.  Instead, we found ourselves watching ice skaters fall down at the Union Square ice rink.  That's always entertaining for us.  We know, we're going straight to hell.  But hey, at least we'll be together.

"Eyes wide open (why were they open?)"

I need to work on my tan.  Real bad.

Before we left the hotel.  Yeah, we had a kitchen.
And finally, Sunday morning we drove into Sausalito and spent the day by the water.  Shopping, eating, walking, and enjoying another beautiful day.  Again, I could have sat there all day.  All I need is the sunshine, water, a light breeze, and Brandon.  And that's what I had.  It was perfect.


I really wasn't ready to come home.  But after hitting the outlets on the way home as usual, there was really nothing left to do on a Sunday evening.  Thank you for an amazing time, Babe.  I love you, and I can't wait for the next trip =)  You know, when WE cash in all that change that YOU have been putting in MY coin jar?  Hehe, love you mooooar. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment