Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday: Things That Don't Matter

There are so many things on the news and in social media right now that I think are ridiculous and overdone. Here's a dozen things I don't care about or I think are dumb:

1. Kate Middleton's baby bump.
2. Kate Middleton's entire pregnancy.
3. How much the economy sucks.  WE KNOW.  Enough, already.
4. The Sacramento Kings leaving Sacramento.
5. Who Taylor Swift is dating this month.
6. Higher gas prices as the weather gets warmer. DUH!
7. Prince Harry's romantic getaway.
8. Anything related to Justin Beiber.
9. Kim & Kanye's baby.
10. Barack Obama playing golf with Tiger Woods. Another great big WHO CARES?
11. Any and all sports-related stories.
11a. This includes any player trades, players being arrested, owners sucking, etc.
12. All the stupid "Like this picture if..." crap all over Facebook.

Yes, I realize I sound very negative today.  Probably because it's been a crappy day.  And an overall crappy week.  But turning on the news every night and seeing all the exact same things is so annoying.  Is there really nothing else going on in the world?  This is all we have to talk about anymore?  

Can I get a story about a random act of kindness?  Or a nice story about kids that isn't about bullying via social media?

Here's a tip about bullying, by the way: If you're being bullied or if you have "Facebook depression," delete your Facebook.  No, it's not running away from your problems, it's removing your bully's avenue to be able to taunt you.  There's also the almighty BLOCK feature, which I probably overuse.  

Facebook depression is a joke.  You're going through puberty, you're not depressed.  I got made fun of too.  A lot.  And threatened, teased, picked last for square dancing in junior high.  Now, all the people who made fun of me are fat, single parents, balding, and/or have dead end jobs at WalMart.
  Congratulations!  You really made it in life. 

I think I'm just ready to fall off the earth for a while.  Nothing on FB or the news is even remotely interesting anymore, including my own posts.  It's just time to focus on me and my life, instead of you and yours.  Maybe I'll re-emerge for summer.  We'll see how it goes.

I may or may not continue blogging.  If you have my number, text me and we'll get together :)


2 comments:

  1. In all honesty that's the exact reason why I don't watch the news (or any other tv for the most part, except for cartoons with Nicolas). My mother in law says it's ignorant of me not to watch but I just reply that I'm more interested in what's going on in my living room (my kids and husband) than hearing or mindlessly watching what is going on in the world (which like you stated is very sided with what's "important") I understand your reasons for deleting or not being active on fb but I do hope you continue to blog because I love reading your sassy take on things. Love you girly and I hope things are going extremely well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, darling! I feel the same way. I HATE watching the news. Especially after terrible tragedies like the Newtown shooting. That's ALL that was on the news for a week. I'm sure there are other things happening in the world besides that one thing. Yes, it was awful, but there has to be something positive you can report on too.

      Delete