Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Shoesday!!

Last Tuesday, I ordered the most amazing shoes ever.
Today, they were delivered.
Be still, my heart.




 Before you ask: No, they are NOT Ed Hardy shoes.  They are by Iron Fist, which is a company that makes  vegan products.  And no, I am not a vegan.  I love chicken and I don't know what I would do without sushi. As a temporarily retired cake decorator, I felt these shoes were absolutely necessary to keep my baking spirit alive.

The "About Us" page of the Iron Fist Ladies website literally states:

"We're a mythical beast that’s a mix of reckless love, attention whoring, and adventure hunting, created by necessity from the designers who birthed it from their creative brain-loins."  

Who doesn't want a pair of shoes made by that company?  This all feeds into that good ol' NYR of dressing with more color.  Why just dress more vibrantly?  Why not LIVE more vibrantly?  The bright green bag I bought yesterday was also a good example.  The world is filled with such remarkable and amazingly colorful life.  Animals, flowers, buildings, paintings, food...it's all so colorful.  Have you ever seen a black piece of fruit?  If you have, don't eat it.  It's probably gone bad.  

There's nothing wrong with wearing black.  I'm still wearing a black sweater today, but with a fuchsia skirt and these cupcake shoes.   All I'm saying is, in a world full of color, why wear only black?  Why not add a pink bow (but not in your hair...you're not 11) or a mustard yellow skirt?  Why wouldn't you want a pair of teal pants or seafoam green nail polish?  

Vanessa Innes has been a great fashion inspiration to me over the last couple of years.  She wore a pair of bright yellow vintage heels the other day.  BRIGHT yellow.  I firmly believe that your personal style is a great reflection of how you feel about yourself.  It's a true picture of the essence of you. (Dear God, I sound like a damn fortune cookie.)  The more bold you're willing to be when you get dressed in the morning, the more bold your personality.  And the more confident you're likely to feel.  With the mental, emotional and physical changes I've seen in myself over the last 2 years, it's only right that I start reflecting that in my clothing and accessories.

These will be my next IF purchase:


And will I wear them to work?  HELL YES.  Because tall shoes make my tiny boss feel extremely insecure.  "You're tall today, Ali."  I'm tall every day, dude.  You're just a miniature.

With all that said, I want to see some COLOR in your life!  My friends and blog readers are bright people.  You're beautiful, you're strong, and you're all confident.  Know it, and show it.

<3

1 comment:

  1. errrhmahgerd!! You gave me a shout-out! you rock, girlie, and i applaud you and your effort to express yourself through color and fashion! YOU and I need to have a style/shopping session! we can blog abouts it! xoxo! (link me next time ;-))

    ReplyDelete