Monday, February 4, 2013

Let's Talk About Sex, Baby

I want to talk about sex!  

Just kidding.

But I bet you wouldn't have looked at this blog if you knew my real topic.  
I want to talk about the Super Bowl.

More importantly, I want to touch on the fact that I'm ECSTATIC that it's over.  Now that the season is over, I can look forward to my Facebook feed going back to posts about other bandwagon topics of the world.

But back to last night's game...

Although I don't care for any particular team, and I don't ever choose to watch football on my own, I did enjoy myself at my cousin's super bowl party.  We had jello shots (lots of them), tri-tip, bbq chicken, veggies, chips, dip, and more jello shots.  As I posted last night, jello shots will make anyone a sports fan.  After the first 6 shots I even found myself cheering for the Niners a little bit here and there.  I don't follow the team at all, or the sport as an organization, but I do admit that I had a good time with my family and new friends last night.  I am grateful every single day that Brandon isn't a die-hard sports fan.  We enjoy a SF Giants game here and there, and he will occasionally turn on a basketball or football game, but our schedule is not determined by "when his team is playing."  Amen to that.

Today, I am proud to say I came to work today, despite everyone else calling out to nurse their hangovers.  I am here, and I have had one f***ed up day.

To make myself feel better, I went back to DSW for the green leather Steve Madden tote bag.  And suddenly, I feel much better.


Nothing too exciting going on, otherwise.  I sent in all my documents for my home loan pre-approval today, so we'll see how that goes.  I want to be moved and settled by 4th of July.  But B and I are both still pluggin' away.  Working hard, saving money, enjoying life.  We get out when we can, but it's hard when "going out" is never cheap. 

Until next time, buy yourself a cocktail and a new pair of shoes.  Doctor's orders.




4 comments:

  1. I am with you in that I don't follow sports hard-core, but I always love a good game, and that halftime show was THE BEST in idontevenknowhowlong! Retail therapy always makes me feel better! I am loving that green bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, retail therapy is always the answer.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh AMEN to football being OVER! I'm happy that Ryan is not interested much in pro football so all good here. Now is baseball season and he's big in to that. Luckily I like the sport also. Super jealous of your new tote! I love the green! Soooo happy Monday is over! I love and always look forward to your sassy side of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Nicole, I just caught up on your blog a couple days ago too. I can't believe how big your kiddos are already! We're excited about baseball season too. We didn't make it to any games last year, but I'm hoping for at least one this year :)

      Delete